Security Guard Training Courses
All security guards are required to complete an 8 Hour Pre-Assignment Training Course prior to applying to the Department of State for a Security Guard Registration Card, followed by a 16 Hour On-the-Job Training Course for Security Guards within 90 days of initial employment as a security guard, and annually complete an 8 Hour Annual In-service Training Course for Security Guards every year thereafter. 100% attendance is mandatory of each student in order to pass the above listed courses.
Public Safety Discount Specials
Security Guard & Resume $200
(3 Day Course)
8hr Pre-Assignment Course, 16hr OJT Course, NYS License Application, Job Readiness, Job Referrals, Resume.
Security Guard $175
(3 Day Course)
8hr Pre-Assignment Course, 16hr OJT Course, NYS License Application, Portfolio, Job Readiness, Job Referrals.
Ala Carte Menu
8hr Pre-Assignment: (1 Day Course) $50
This is an 8 hour course required by New York State as the first step in obtaining a security guard registration card from the New York State Department of State. The course provides the student with a general overview of the duties and responsibilities of a security guard. Topics covered in this course include the role of the security guard, legal powers and limitations, emergency situations, communications and public relations, access control, and ethics and conduct. The passing of an examination is required for successful completion of this course.
16hr OJT: (2 Day Course) $100
This is a 16 hour course that must be completed within 90 days of employment as a security guard. The course provides the student with detailed information on the duties and responsibilities a security guard. Topics covered in this course include the role of the security guard, legal powers and limitations, emergency situations, communications and public relations, access control, ethics and conduct, incident command system, and terrorism. The passing of an examination is required for successful completion of this course.
8hr Annual Re-Certification: (1 Day Course) $50
This is an 8 hour course that must be completed within 12 calendar months from completion of the 16 Hour On-the-Job Training Course for Security Guards, and annually thereafter. The course is structured to provide the student with updated and enhanced information on the duties and responsibilities of a security guard. Topics include the role of the security guard, legal powers and limitations, emergency situations, communications and public relations, access control, and ethics and conduct.
Job Placement Assistance: $40
Requirement(s): 8hr Pre-Assignment & 16hr OJT Courses
Includes: NYS License Application, Portfolio, Job Readiness, Job Referrals
Community CPR/First Aid/ AED: $79
($39 -As part of Security Guard Packages 1 or 2)
Resume Service: $25
Includes: Creation, 10 copies or master copy of resume e-mailed to client if applicable.
8 Hour Annual Re-Certification- Unarmed
Monday, Sep 10, Newburgh, 9-5pm
Tuesday, Oct 9, Newburgh, 9-5pm
Sunday, Oct 28, Newburgh, 9-5pm
To register for a class:
You must call (845) 787-4181 or fill and submit the electronic form below, mail or email your full name, phone number and date of the class you wish to attend. Registered students are guaranteed a seat and will be informed in the unlikely event that a class must be postponed. Tuition fee is payable in cash, credit card or money orders payable to: Damon Finch Power Sessions
Please read the policy page prior to enrolling in any of our courses: click here
In order to get licensed as a Security Guard in NYS you must complete the following steps:
1. Contact L1Enrollment.com or call 1-877-472-6915 and set up an appointment to get fingerprinted. You will be asked for a Service Code: 1545R1 and an ORI number: SECGUARD is the answer. They will then ask your name, address, date of birth, age, height, sex, race, skin tone, eye color, hair color, state or country of birth, country of citizenship and alien registration number if applicable.
2. Present 2 forms of ID, at least one of which must have a photo: U.S. Passport, Permanent Resident Card, State Drivers License or ID, etc. You should submit a money-order for$99.00 and keep the receipt of the money order and the 2 fingerprint receipts.
3. Mail the completed NYS license application, one of the fingerprints receipts, a copy of the NYS 8 Hour Pre-Assignment Security Guard Training Certificate and a money order for $36.00 to NYS.
• We give our students a cost-effective solution to becoming a professionally trained security guard.
• Since the Sept. 11th tragedy the demand for security has risen.
• Stricter security measures are eyed.
• The need for proper background checks are necessary.
• Now everyone wants outstanding security
• We take pride in the standard of training we provide to our students.
8 Hour Pre-Assignment 16 Hour OJT CPR/First Aid/AED
Wed, Sep 12, Newburgh, 9-5pm Thurs-Fri, Sep 13-14, Newburgh, 9-5pm Sat, Sep 15,
Mon, Oct 1, Newburgh, 9-5pm Tues-Wed, Oct 2-3, Newburgh, 9-5pm
Mon, Oct 29, Newburgh, 9-5pm Thurs-Fri, Oct 30-31, Newburgh, 9-5pm